The book is in A4 format (210 mm x 297 mm or 8.3 inches x 11.4 inches), hardcover and contains of 264 pages with aprox 1530 images of excellent quality. Aprox 190 helmets are shown. The book covers liners, rivets, shells, factory markings, lot numbers, vent holes, chinstraps, decals and lot more. The helmets shown are M16, M17, M18, M34, M35, M36, M37, M38, M39, M40 and M42. Fabric painted helmets, re-issued helmets, repainted/overpainted helmets, camo helmets, helmets with camo adaptions and helmet covers.
Foreword by Terry Goodapple
MAKE YOUR ORDER through email: email@example.com
PRICE : $ 99 or € 89 included shipping world wide.
1. Hi, I’ve had a chance to have a better look through the book now and nice work. I really like the lay out and find the explanations of the differences in design, decals, straps etc. easy to follow and well explained which I find especially important as a novice to this field. Howe ever what I particularly enjoy as the examples that are accompanied by a bit of the history behind that particular helmet. In my collection understanding the history of the item where possible is a big thing for me and I have enjoyed reading those bits in the book. You even manage to include some family history I see. What this has done is make me some more consideration to obtaining my first German helmet.
2. To Jan Meland. Thank you for sending your signed copy of German Helmets 1916-1945. This book is a masterpiece. Your intellectual content, combined with unique aesthetic presentation, is magnificent.
3. The postman delivered your book today, I already spent some time browsing through some of the chapters. An absolutely stunning work, I really love the close-up pictures and the detail photographs. I am in the planning phase adding a complete helmet to my collection and your guide will be a huge help buying an original piece.Thank you for this amazing and signed book.
4. Book has arrived safely, thank you for your packing as the book has arrived in pristine condition. I will have many hours of enjoyment. In the little I have read so far, the book is a masterpiece and the best I have seen. Thank you for your detailed and dedicated work.-
5. I just wanted to let you know I got the book and I can’t put it down. I’m checking out all my helmets and comparing them to the book and learning the history of each of them. I have never seen something like this before and so in depth with great detailed information. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to get one and I appreciate the personalized note. It was also cool seeing all your helmets from your collection.Thank’s again and take care.
6. Hello Jan,
I wanted to let you know that the books arrived late Wednesday and I haven't been able to stop reading them. Your research is outstanding, the photography is amazing, and they are the finest books of their kind that I have ever seen. They are an excellent addition to my vast collection of books on WW2. I eagerly await your next book. Thanks! M.